Below is a more detailed look at what I’ll be facilitating at Royal Roads University. Registration link is at the bottom. Hope to see you there!
Get Paid to Write What You Love
Writing is a passion for many; however, making money from that passion can be difficult. Discover how to get your name out there and get noticed. Explore freelance work, how to price your work and how to write a pitch and query.
In this course, you will learn the myths and realities of writing for a living, and how blog writing can boost your exposure to potential clients as well as payment types, and how to negotiate monies for articles.
- Learn the myths and realities of writing for a living
- Know how to query a magazine/periodical
- Know how to write a query and pitch letter
- Have a solid bio: short, medium and long
- You will learn:
- how to build a portfolio
- how blog writing can boost their exposure to potential clients
- about guest writing/blogging
- about payment types and how to negotiate monies for articles
- how to hone their writing skills
- inverted pyramid writing style
- importance of SEO
- how to edit
- how to apply all of these tips to novels as well