Below is a more detailed look at what workshops and courses I’ll be facilitating at Royal Roads University. Registration link is at the bottom. Hope to see you there!
Get Paid to Write What You Love
Writing is a passion for many; however, making money from that passion can be difficult. Discover how to get your name out there and get noticed. Explore freelance work, how to price your work and how to write a pitch and query.
In this course, you will learn the myths and realities of writing for a living, and how blog writing can boost your exposure to potential clients as well as payment types, and how to negotiate monies for articles.
- Learn the myths and realities of writing for a living
- Know how to query a magazine/periodical
- Know how to write a query and pitch letter
- Have a solid bio: short, medium and long
- Learn how to build a portfolio
- Learn how blog writing can boost their exposure to potential clients
- Learn about guest writing/blogging
- Learn about payment types and how to negotiate monies for articles
- Learn how to hone their writing skills
- Learn Inverted Pyramid writing style
- Understand importance of SEO
- Know how to edit
- Learn how to apply all of these tips to books as well
Tuesdays, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Thu, Oct 05, 2017 6:30pm – 8:30pm