When you hire a writing coach, you take responsibility for improving your writing and getting your manuscript where you want it.
Sometimes all you need is a little one on one to get your latest masterpiece to where you want it to be. Whether it’s an idea waiting to come to life, or a final manuscript that needs a solid critique, we’re here for you. From short fiction to full novel series, we can help you plan out your creative map to get you where you need to be.
Why You Should Hire a Writing Coach
- When you hire a writing coach, you are more likely to continue, and finish your manuscript. Your coach will discuss your goals and what you want to get out of the coaching sessions.
- A writing coach will guide you on your writing path, whether you are a novice or a published author. Sometimes you just need a little nudge to get things done right.
- Your writing coach listens to you and your goals and gives you the creative support you need.
- A writing coach helps you improve your writing skills. By the time you’re finished your work, you will have a whole new skill set.
- We all go through times when motivation disappears and the urge to write goes with it. A writing coach will listen and help you get your passion for writing back.
- Many writers, even the good ones, are intimidated by the entire process. With a writing coach you have all the support you need to guide you along the way. That support could include assisting with structure, plot, character development, right up to synopsis and query letters.
How it’s Done
Thanks to the internet, your writing coach can be in your city, or across the world. Coaching is done in person, online, via Zoom, Skype, Google Hang Out, phone, or a combination of options, depending on your circumstances. You’ll be given assignments and a timetable to adhere to.
What it Costs
Hiring a writing coach is the same as hiring a fitness coach or a tutor. You get what you pay for. Some say it’s too expensive, and others think it’s the best deal out there.
We require a $500 retainer to begin the process. There is a contract drawn up to protect you and your work, as well as to protect us. Meetings are usually every week, with assignments (including handing in chapters for editing) and critique.
If you are serious about getting your words out there, and having those words shine, contact us today and get started!